Shri. Adwait Joshi - Event Conductor
Shri. Pritam Bhattacharjee - Vocal
Shri. Prithwiraj Bhattacharjee - Tabla
Date : Saturday, 6th August 2011
Time : 6 PM
Venue : GA Tech Student Center
Address : 350 Ferst Drive NW, Atlanta GA 30332
Tickets : Free for members. Click here to buy a membership.
Non members : $20
GA Tech students with ID (only a the gate) $5
Raag and Emotion is a theme concert conceptualized by our founder Shri. Adwait Joshi. This events talks about nine emotions (aka Ras) as below
Following is a brief profile on Pritam Bhattacharjee. If you would like to organize an concert of Shri Pritam Bhattacharjee in your area, please . Other than traditional vocal concerts, Pritam also does ths following concerts :|
1. Bandish Bahar - Evening Raags (A concert of self composed bandishes by Shri. Pritam Bhattacharjee)
2. Bandish Bahar - Morning Raags (A concert of self composed bandishes by Shri. Pritam Bhattacharjee)
3. Malhar Darshan - A concert on various varieties of Malhar.
4. Kanada Ke Rang - A concert on various varieties of Kanada.
5. Aprachalit Raag Darshan - A concert featuring rare and unheard raags.
6. Bahar Ke Prakaar - A concert on various varieties of Bahar.
7. Bhairav Ke Prakaar - A concert on various varieties of Bhairav.
8. Kalyan Ke Prakaar - A concert on various varieties of Kalyan
9. Sarang Ke Prakaar - A concert on various varieties of Sarang
Pritam Bhattacharjee is a young rising star in the Hindustani music firmament. Having shown an inclination towards music from childhood, Pritam began his initial training under his mother Smut. Monjushree Bhattacharjee at the tender age of three. He was then trained under Shri. Amarendra Chakraborty till the age of 14. In the year 1995, with the Almighty's blessings, Lady Luck smiled upon him and his lifelong ambition of learning under the Mewati Maestro Sangeet Martand Pandit Jasrajji realized when the living legend accepted him as his disciple.
Blessed with a highly cultivated voice, absorbing all the aspects of his Guru's style through vigorous riyaaz under the ever-watchful eyes of his Guru Pandit Jasrajji have made him progress into a very promising upcoming vocalist.
Pritam has also performed solos in many a concerts and festivals in India and abroad. He has traveled extensively and performed with his Guruji all over India and abroad, prominent among them being the Doverlane Music conference in Calcutta, Gunidas Sangeet Samaroha in Delhi, Sawai Gandharva Sangeet Samaroha in Pune, Pandit Motiram Sangeet Samaroha in Hyderabad, Indore, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Mumbai etc., in India and at the ICCR's 50th anniversary celebrations in South Africa (Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg), Kenya, Namibia, Tanzania, Mauritius and the United States.
Recently Pritam stood first in the competition held for upcoming talents all over India organized by the institution Vedic Heritage in New York. With his Guruji's blessings, Pritam is all set to ably carry forward the rich Mewati tradition and legacy in forthcoming years. Pritam is currently a faculty at the Pt Jasraj School of Music Foundation, Atlanta Chapter.